Texts for translation
- payne1997describing: It was written for field linguists writing descriptive grammars but it works really well for conlanging.
- The ultimate form of documentation for your language is a descriptive/reference grammar.
- You can see what these look like by searching “[language name] reference grammar”
- Many are available for free, and give good inspiration not only for how to write a grammar, but also for linguistic features you might be able to imitate.
- You can also look at grammars written for conlangs. Excellent examples: